History of Ribourdin Castle
In the XVth century, the name of Ribourdin Castle came out : Pierre de Chuin was the first known lord, he lived there from 1517 until his death in about 1540. The estate includes La Mothe Castle and Fontaine-Madame Castle then.Guillaume de Chuin succeeds him. After his death, Marie Deschamps, his widow, Lady of Avigneau, had the tutory of their daughter Marie; François Maraffin, a convinced calvinist, was her second husband.
Against his will, his step-daughter marries Guillaume de la Bussière, catholic, who takes possession of Avigneau and Ribourdin Castle then, whose wife is the heiress. Marie de Chuin, after the death of Guillaume de la Bussière, marries Léon de Mauny. In 1611, their daughter will get Ribourdin as a dowry at the time of her wedding with Antoine Chevalier des Miniers.
Their daughter Marie Chevalier, marquis Louis Culant’s wife, sells the fief in 1761 to François Michel Petit de Marivats.
The marquis de Germigny succeeds him but won’t reside at the castle; he will sell it to the Châteauvieux family, Lords of Fontaine-Madame.
In 1811, in front of financial difficulties, the Châteauvieux family will sell it together with Fontaine-Madame to Mr Davache de Thèze.
From 1820, Ribourdin estate was successively sold to farmers.